Each year, the folks over at AlwaysOn hand out various honors and distinctions, some en masse (AlwaysOn 250, OnMedia 100), others in a more singular fashion. That’s the case for WidgetBucks, which has been awarded the prestigious OnMedia 100 Newcomer of the Year award by AlwaysOn.
WidgetBucks was selected from among all OnMedia 100 winners, which are emerging companies recognized by AlwaysOn’s editorial team as game-changing players that are disrupting user behavior and creating new opportunities in the marketing, branding, advertising, and publishing industries.
We'd also like to congratulate the team at The Rubicon Project for winning the OnMedia "Company of the Year" Award.
The AlwaysOn editorial team took note of WidgetBucks’ progress during 2008, but we couldn’t have done it without you, our publishers.
Over the course of 2008, WidgetBucks:
- grew 150 percent to 1.5 billion impressions per month, making it the fastest growing online ad network
- signed over 20,000 publishers and bloggers across its network
- broke into comScore’s Ad Net report, the first ad widget network to join the list
- secured $10 million in Series B financing, led by Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- deployed YieldSense, proprietary yield-optimization technology that maximizes publishers’ rate of return on their ad space
- launched a “hybrid” CPC/CPM ad that creates two types of revenue from the same widget instance
- expanded beyond its flagship shopping channel through new feeds and partners and its CPC network into Western Europe
- added two chief officers – Chief Revenue Office Kirby Winfield and Chief Financial Officer Jeff Bergstrom – who have generated over $3B in shareholder value through past acquisitions and mergers
- won two other awards -- AlwaysOn Global 250, Mashable Open Web Award
Thanks again, publishers and bloggers! Here's to a great 2009!